On the evening of April 26th, 1911, Bradford City’s FA Cup winning team arrived back in the city following a 1-0 victory over Newcastle United in the replayed final. One hundred years later the cup returned to Bradford for the centenary celebration dinner at the Midland Hotel.
More than 200 guests attended, including ex-players from the club’s 1976 FA Cup campaign (when City reached the last 16) and the current directors of the club. A presentation of £5,000 was made to Professor Sharpe of the Bradford Burns Unit from the sale of enamel badges, cufflinks and other collectables that had been commissioned to commemorate the FA Cup centenary.
Photographs by Paul Harness